Smart and Skilled Skilling for Recovery is part of a matched commitment between the NSW and Australian Governments under the job trainer fund.
It includes an additional 100,000 fee-free part qualification training places to reskill, retrain and redeploy the workforce to industries where there are skill shortages and emerging employment opportunities. Skilling for recovery will help jobseekers retrain or up-skill to enhance their credentials and support school leavers to enter the workforce for the first time.
Part qualifications delivered under Skilling for Recovery should lead to employment in the construction industry including infrastructure, construction maintenance, residential, commercial building, and pre-fabrication.
Training associated with high-risk licencing, WHS and White Card training may be supported under this initiative. (“Supported” is defined as “AT NO COST” to the employer, Job Active Provider or eligible student)
The cost of the regulator licence is not funded under this initiative. ($76.00)
Training must be represented by a recognised skill set determined by Training Services NSW.
Are you eligible to undertake training which is subsidised by the NSW Government?
Persons who can benefit from this initiative:
- A young person aged 16 – 24 years old at the commencement of training, regardless of employment status, including Year 12 leavers
- A person who is in receipt of a Commonwealth Government welfare benefit ( and their dependants)
- An unemployed person
- An employed person who is “expected to become unemployed”.
- Low skilled/unskilled employee: Existing employee, with or without relevant skills or previous qualification up to Certificate III, that require training to upskill to secure ongoing employment or future employment.
What’s the process
- Simply identify what training you would like to undertake.
- Check out our calendar of training to find a program that you would like to enrol in.
- Call HPOTS for an Expression of Interest Form. We can email it to you.
- Complete the Expression of Interest and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will then check your eligibility and confirm.
- You will then be enrolled and sent confirmation of enrolment.
See what programs are available under Smart and Skilled Skilling for recovery at HPOTS:
- Work Safely at Heights (1 day Program)
- Gas test Atmosphere and Work in a Confined Space (1 day Program)
- Licence to operate a Boom type EWP over 11 metres (3 day Program)
- Licence to Operate a Forklift truck (3 day Program)
- Licence to perform dogging (5 day Program)
- Basic Rigging (5 day Program)
- S1 S2 S3 and G2 (2 day Program)
- Skid Steer Operations (4 day Program)
- Excavator (5 day Program)
- White Card (1 day Program)
- Licence to operate a slewing crane up to 60tonnes (5 day Program)