Hunter Plant Operator Training School has been delivering training and assessment services across NSW for over 36 years. We offer a range of Nationally Accredited workplace training in plant, High Risk Work, WHS and related competencies.
- Situated on over 300 acres of rehabilitated mine site at Cessnock, HPOTS offers a range of different training environments to replicate workplace situations.
- Plant training includes Excavator, Dozer, Skid Steer, Grader, Articulated Dump Truck, Front End Loader, Roller and Backhoe/Loader and Telehandler.
- We hold fortnightly training for High Risk Work licences including Forklift, Dogging, EWP and C6 crane.
- Basic Rigging and Basic Scaffolding courses are held every month, with Intermediate and Advanced training every 8 weeks or on demand.
- HPOTS is one of very few facilities outside the Sydney metro area offering rigging and scaffolding training from Basic through to Advanced level.
- Crane courses can be tailored to suit the needs of our clients; we can run Hiab, Non-Slew, and all slewing crane classes to open if required.
Our facilities also cater for short courses in Safe Work at Heights, Confined Space, accredited chainsaw operation and 4WD driving skills, Manual Handling and Construction Induction (White Card)
HPOTS offers WHS training for supervisors in the form of nationally recognised S1, S2, S3 courses. The course covers risk assessment techniques, workplace communication skills and incident investigation. This qualification is increasingly required for work on mine sites but are equally applicable to general industry.
- HPOTS training centre incorporates 6 training rooms, realistic practical training areas and real world equipment. Our aim is to provide people with the opportunity to acquire skills knowledge they can use in the workplace. We have a range of mobile plant on site to allow hands on training and plenty of “seat time” to develop basic skills.
- Workplace safety is a top priority at HPOTS; everyone involved in our training is given thorough instruction in safe planning, preparation and operation to match real-world situations. Our trainers have years of experience in their fields and concentrate on the practical aspects of “doing the job.”
- Most of the training & assessment material contains a theory element which can be daunting to some people. Very few of our clients have done any type of written assessment for many years. . Our trainers recognise this and routinely coach participants to achieve a thorough understanding of the material. The overall aim of all our training is a competent result; at HPOTS we regularly go out of our way to ensure this happens.
- We do not “tick boxes”
- HPOTS comes to you! Often our clients request training on their site. This can be beneficial for a number of reasons. Personnel may be difficult to get together off site due to shift structures or work demands. You may want people trained in their actual workplace environment or on equipment they will be operating day to day.
- We offer on-site training to suit our customers; whether it be high risk training, heights, confined space or Verification of Competency (VOC) assessments Training can be customised to match your requirements. Our trainers can use your site facilities and reduce the need for your personnel to travel.