Backhoe / Loader
This unit describes a participant’s skills and knowledge required to conduct civil construction grader operations in civil construction. This unit is appropriate for those working in operational roles.
This unit describes a participant’s skills and knowledge required to conduct backhoe/loader operations in civil construction. This unit is appropriate for those working in operational roles.
Prerequisites – There are no prerequisites for this program, however, it is suggested that persons undertaking this program also undertake CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry.
On successful completion of this program, Participants will have gained the following skills and knowledge:
- Plan and prepare for backhoe/loader operations
- Conduct pre-operational machine checks.
- Traffic management plan implementation and activity coordination of tasks to be completed.
- Drive and operate a backhoe loader, and modify the operating technique to meet changing work conditions.
- Load, carry and place materials
- Select, remove and fit attachments
- Relocate the backhoe loader
- Carry out machine maintenance
- Shut down and clean area.
Upon successful completion of the Training Program, Participants will receive the nationally recognised Statement of Attainment RIIMPO319D.
HPOTS Training Campus, Cessnock.
Fees and Charges
The program fee is $1,800 per person. This fee includes Training and Assessment and Program material costs.
Student Information Handbook
Detailed student information is available in the Student Information Handbook. This booklet contains important information regarding your rights and obligations. Please download our student handbook from our policies page
|Select a Date||29/04/2019, 24/06/19|
5 Day Program. 7.30am – 3.30pm daily
Day 1 – Presentation, discussion and backhoe loader activities.
Day 2 – Practical backhoe loader practice activities including pre-start checks and maintenance.
Day 3 – Theory, calculations and practical backhoe loader activities.
Day 4 – Pratical backhoe loader practice activities (seat time of at least 6 hours is preferred).
Day 5 – Practical Training, theory review, and Unit of Competency Summative Assessment.